Peter Lawrence Stallworthy offer a flexible ‘hands on’ approach to Quantity Surveying, directed towards achieving Client’s cost, time and quality requirements. We recognise that traditional procurement methods are fundamentally adversarial and we strive to overcome the inherent lack of trust that jeopardises the success of many projects even before construction work commences.
Our best advertisement is our unblemished track record and we actively encourage prospective Clients to take up references from those who have experienced our service at first hand.
We believe that in order to deliver a project within the Client’s agreed budget, considerable skill and care is required in the following areas:
- Taking detailed and accurate briefing
- Providing preliminary cost advice
- Advice on procurement strategies
- Advice on design options
- Advice on building contracts
- Identifying and selecting suitable contractors and specialist suppliers
- Preparation of tender documents
- Preparation and development of detailed specifications
- Monitoring and management of change
- Cost control, forecasting and reporting
- Valuation of works in progress and issuing of Certificates for Payment
- Settlement of final accounts
We favour a pro-active approach, working with the selected Contractor to achieve the Client’s objectives, whilst managing the costs within the agreed budget. It is fundamental to the financial success of any project that all changes and variations are covered by promptly issued Contract Instructions which are costed either prior to issue, or as soon as possible thereafter – thereby ensuring that the final cost of the project can be accurately forecast at any given time.
This procedure, together with the issue of regular Financial Summaries, provides the Employer with the information necessary to budget with confidence and to adapt the expenditure strategy to reflect changing circumstances.
Accurate forecasting and efficient management of building costs are essential to ensure that Clients are able to plan their financial expenditure with confidence, and obtain outstanding value for money from construction projects.